Only 10% of energy in an incandescent light bulb is used to create light. The other 90% of a light bulb's energy creates heat.
Wow! We can help make your home more efficient!
Wouldn't it be great to open your electric bill and see that the energy provider owes you money instead of the other way around? That's what thousands of people are experiencing as a result of adding a solar array to their home or rental property. Energy independence is another hedge against inflation. It's no secret that costs for energy are on the rise and will continue to rise in the foreseeable future. Energy providers purchase energy from solar customers at market rates. As market rates increase, so does the value of solar power. It is reasonable to think that adding solar will reduce or eliminate energy costs while adding value to your property. Let's say you have added solar and it is offsetting $150-$300 per month in electricity costs. That savings equates to up to $70,000 in borrowing power on a 30 year mortgage. That could have a dramatic effect on the selling price of a house and more than offset the initial investment of installation. Combine that with current tax benefits and you have a genuine investment that has both immediate and long-term benefits.